Monday, December 26, 2011

Jeopardy Questions

Yeah...I know. It's been a couple of weeks. But way too many things have happened, especially when it comes to having nice things. While it's still fun to rage at America for the new Twilight movie (and don't get me starting on Alvin and the Chipmunks), there are other things that just make me shake my head in disapproval. If I could relate my life and things I've seen to Jeopardy, here's how I would imagine it.

1st Round and Categories: Common Sense, Nice Things, Logic, English, My Social Life, Things Said in Music History

  • Common Sense for $200: These things are normally hot. *buzzes in* A: What are hot things? +$200, Total Winnings $200
  • Common Sense for $400: This is not the best way to get mistletoe. A: What is shooting down your neighbor's from his tree. Oh wait...your neighbor is not home. Ok, How about not going to the mall with a fully-loaded shotgun and shooting at the mistletoe in the trees there, and then subsequently wondering why the cops are surrounding you? Good job guy in Georgia. -$400. Total: -$200
  • Things Said in Music History for $400: Most people in the Romantic period had this disease. A: What is syphilis? +0 (Nobody in my class saw that coming) Total: -$200
Let's jump around a bit.
  • English for $1000: Basic sentences are spoken in this language. A: What is English, not whatever the hell is coming out of my mouth when I try to speak? +$1000. Total: $800
  • Nice Things for $1000. It's a Daily Double!!! Let's go double or nothing: This is very useful when you are trying to function...especially at work and you are scooping ice into a bucket. A: What is depth-perception? That is the correct answer, but since I apparently do not have depth-perception, it's still a loss. -$800. Total: $0
  • My Social Life for $600.  This is something that I will mourn the loss of when I am in Organic Chemistry. A: What is my social life? +$600. Total: $600
  • Logic for $800: This object exists for no logical reason. A: What is Puppy Tweets: Get actual tweets from your dog? Why America? Just why? -$800. Total -$200
Let's fast forward a bit:
  • Common Sense ($800): You don't do this when you pull up to the window in drive-thru. A: What is order or change your order? +$800 (Total: $600)
  • Logic ($1000): When I ask if you if everything on the order screen is correct, what do you do? What is don't say it is, and proceed to yell at me when the burger is made wrong for you. Read the freakin' screen and let me know if I need to change anything. It takes like 2 seconds people. +$1000 (Total $1600)
  • Things Said in Music History ($1000): This is one thing that a music history video should do. A: What is pronounce the composer's name...correctly. ) -$1000 (Total: $600)
Dang. Out of time. The Final Jeopardy category is... My Job?!

I will go double or nothing again then. ...I guess. Wager: $600

This is the first thing you do when I start my shift.

*Jeopardy music plays*

My response: What is start working?
Answer: What is clock in, then proceed to not wonder why you cannot clock out to go on break?
Total Winnings $0

Looks like we can't have nice things again. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment